Tuesday 28 July 2015

TOMB RAIDER 2: On serving the Crofts

My family’s history has been intertwined with that of the Crofts for generations. I have served them loyally since my honourable discharged from the military in my late-twenties, just like my father before me.

My loyalty to the Crofts is unwavering. When my sweet wife died, I moved into Croft Manor to become the family’s only live-in staffer just shortly before dear Lara was born. Now I serve her.

 My daily life consists of tending to all of Lara's household needs. Far be it from me to suggest that I go far beyond the duties of a traditional butler, but given Lara's, shall we say, ‘unusual’ lifestyle and pursuits, I’m pleased to say that I have never disappointed her. She’s grown into a wise and dedicated woman, who never takes unnecessary risks, but lives for the rush of adventure.

It is my honour to look after her, and do things such as meet her by the training course in the grounds of Croft Manor with refreshments on-hand should she need them. While I may not approve of the times she trains inside the Manor itself, she always tidies up after herself and I make sure to be there – discreetly following – to help in any way I...

...and she’s locked me in the freezer again. For fuck’s sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment