Tuesday 14 July 2015

HALO 3: Forward unto wondering what the fuck



Five years. Five. Long. Years.

Seen more people die along the way that I’d care to relive.

Five years I been fighting, and the Covies found Earth anyway. What the hell are we going to do?

I’ll tell you what we’re going to do. We’re going to hoist ourselves aboard the Dawn and head through the big portal in the sky.

You accepting this? You hearing this? A portal in the sky. Turns out there was a massive, ancient machine under New Mombassa capable of making a portal. In the sky. Yep, I’m not kidding.

And now I’m sitting here in the back of a Pelican, just across from that SPARTAN while he eyes up the sand dunes below us.

Dunes? Where on Earth are we? No, we’re not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy. We’re through the portal flying around a massive floating installation called the Ark.

And you know what? All the other soldiers are just getting on with shit or making excited comments.

Am I the only one who’s worried about how we get home? I don’t see another massive portal open on our side. Apparently I am the only one worried about it.

Everyone else is dangling out the back of the Pelican and whooping, while that SPARTAN just stands there holding a gun looking all moody.

And now we’re landing and getting out. Seriously? Am I really the only one worried about any of this? These other guys have some serious poker faces.

Maybe I should ask if that galaxy in the sky is our galaxy...or not, someone else just did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment